Performance Measurement Systems
We know when done right, carefully chosen measures at the Organization, Process and Job/Performer Levels serve as the most powerful driver of an organization’s ongoing effectiveness.
Measurement is key to the way we work with clients in developing strategy, solving problems, and implementing change. We believe the art of performance improvement rests on the connections between measures. Defining these is just as important as the choice of the measures themselves--the metric linkages establish a line of sight from individual outputs to process and organizational outputs.
Here’s how a few companies measured the results our consultants helped them achieve:
- Chevron: $50 million cost reduction from redesigned processes in supply chain
- Bell Canada: 33% decline in operating costs in company-wide initiative
- Applied Materials: $300 million cost savings from new installation and warranty process
- Dupont: 30% revenue increase from redesigned business acquisition process
- Shell: 20% improvement in cycle time, costs, and quality in exploration and production processes
- Louisiana Pacific: $12 million profit increase from increased output from mills
- Rogers Cablesystems: 50% improvement in service restoration time
- CompuServe: 30% decrease in cycle time for product development
- Brown and Root: 16% increase in booked business from new business acquisition process
- Hewlett Packard: 60% cycle time reduction from 14 to 6 months for product development
- Conoco: $7 million cost savings in installation of SAP
Process Analysis and Design
"In our experience, the greatest opportunities for performance improvement often lie in the functional interfaces—those points at which the baton is being passed from one department to another"
Whether you're trying to improve one process or more processes, we provide the methodology and tools to help you build and implement your own solutions. Our assistance can range from simple process definition ... to process streamlining ... to full-fledged redesign. The Rummler-Brache methodology addresses not only process issues, but also Human Performance Systems and organizational issues that impact system-wide improvement.
Rummler-Brache consulting process analysis and design deliverables often include the following:
Plus, we offer our Process Improvement Certification Workshop that helps equip clients to create deliverables on their own.